Today on March 10th our rising start Sophia ‘CocoPuff’ W. Santai had a big win in a fight against the King’s Birthday 2010 and WPMF World Champion 2010-2012 Chananchanok Keawsamrit.
We asked the promoter at Thapae Stadium to get Cocopuff a real challenge to put her to the test, the trainers are teaching her strategies and tactics we want to try against good fighters. Cocopuff is absorbing the training like a sponge and is getting a lot better in every single fight. The promoter found us that girl, who turned out to be the Bangkok-based and winner of Kings Birthday 2010 and WPMF World Champion 2010-2012 Chananchanok Keawsamrit
Cocopuff shocked the stadium when she defeated this famous fighter after showing very aggressive stalking Muay Thai, TKO in round 4 by knees to the body. We are very pleased with Puff’s performance, and determination in training and fighting!
Video: click HERE!
Today we had our 3rd Annual Santai Festival! Fights, music, food, drinks, dancing, and friends and family. The event was had an enormous turnout, with our whole town of Sankamphaeng, and others attending!
1. Poye W Santai won by TKO in round 3, kicks to the body.
2. Chuy Santaigym fought one of the best fights of the evening and won after 5 rounds of technical and clever fighting.
3. Camélia Blanchette Ruest won in round 2, knees to the body.
4. Mon lost after 5 rounds after taking an 8-count.
5. Dan Williams won in round 4 (or5) after low kicks to the lead leg.
6. Cocopuff won in round 5 after closing her opponents eye using elbows and more.
7. Ryan won after 5 rounds.
8. Chris Daniell won by knocking his opponent out with a right hook already in round 1!
***Great Fights! Most entertaining fight award went to Danial W. Santai, and best fight award went to CocoPuff W.Santaiand Ryan W.Satnai. These 3 won cash prizes!
Click HERE for the full album of photos on FaceBook!
Great event, and the referees were injured from the action in the ring!
See you all again in 2014 for our 4rd annual Festival!
8 Total fights full of great wins and losses this month. Our fighters had great opponents to fight against and great skill was shown.
1. Feb 2 @ ThaePhae Stadium, Chiang Mai, Thailand:
-CocoPuff W.Santai (Canada) Wins by TKO in 2nd Round via straight Knee to body
2. Feb 3 @ Festival in Hot, Thaialnd:
- Poye W.Santai Wins after 5 round decision
-Chachai W.Santai Lose by TKO in round 2. This was his first ever fight, and he is new to Santai. Chachai showed great heart and courage and this was a great first experience for him against a more experienced fighter.
Feb 5 @ Kalare Stadium, Chiang Mai, Thailand:
-Phill Savage Wins by right kick in 1st round.
3. Feb 8 @ Kalare Stadium, Chiang Mai, Thailand:
-Ryan W.Santai Lost in decision against an A-Class fighter with over 100 fights. This is a great experience for Ryan, he is the hardest work Westerner Muay Thai Fighter in Chiang Mai.
4. Feb 11 @ ThaePhae Stadium, Chiang Mai, Thailand:
-CocoPuff W.Santai Lost in decision against a girl from Sor Sumalee which means a tough and skilled opponent! This girl was countering and controlling the ring and putting Coco on the chase. Coco’s goal is not winning easy fights, and this will give her more to work on during training.
5. Feb 18 @ ThaePhae Stadium, Chiang Mai, Thailand:
-Mon W. Santai Win by TKO in round 3.
-Yi Lost After 5 round decision in his first ever muay thai fight!
For more photos click HERE for the full FaceBook Album
2nd Annual Wat Santai Festival is near. Februery 23, 2013 is the date, Wat Santai (temple) is the place, right by the gym, can’t miss it. Just follow the crowd!
Food, Music, and Fighting.
We are preparing many fighters for this event, it will be action packed.
Here are two of the fighters on the card:
Sofia ‘CocoPuff’ W.Santai / KruDarGym from Canada:
Danial Williams a.k.a. MiniT SantaiGym / KaoSokGym Australia:
If you are in Chiang Mai, Be There!
Check this out! Old footage from the glory days of the Narupai/Pinsinchai supertwins.
Phon Narupai (Kru Phon) and his twin brother Vanlop Narupai (Kru Lop):
If you are heading for Santai to train, make sure you make a reservation a spot for yourself before! We are full at the moment and will not overcrowd the gym. If you make a reservation before coming we can fit you in..
Dec 5, 2012 - Festival, Sanakamphaeng, Chiang Mai, Thailand
Alexandre wins in 2nd round with knees @ Sankamphaeng Festival:
Dec 9, 2012 - Auswindam (Channel 9) Stadium, Bangkok, Thailand
Note W. Santai fights his second fight at Auswindam Stadium, broadcasted on Channel 9 Television. Note lost this one to an opponent with much more experience than him, and 2x as many fights. This was a great experience for now, and he will be back to Auswindam to fight again next month.
Dec 10, 2012 - Thaephae Stadium, Chiang Mai, Thailand
Today our kids from the Sportschool in Nakhon Phanom fought at Thaphae Stadium! Jomjam lost her first ever Muay Thaifight, Chang Pa won in good style, Bovy’s fight was stopped in round 4 due to mismatch, her opponent was huge and Thaeng fought awesome as usual:
Dec 11, 2012 - Kalare Stadium, Chiang Mai, Thailand
Thaeng fights again and wins by KO in round 2 at Kalare:
Dec 17, 2012 - Thaphae Stadium, Chiang Mai, Thailand
1. Thaeng: this was hit 5th fight in a week! He lost a very close fight in the decision:
2. The Kids from Nakhon Phanom and their coach, they are training at Santai when schools out or when they are in Northern Thailand for contests in various Martial arts. Em from Sportscool Nakhon Phanom won the silver at the Thai Wushu Championships.
3. Em: Next fighter on Monday, Em W.Santai. Earlier this day she won the Thai wushu Championship silvermedal. Big girl from Sor Sumalee means hard fight. Winner after 5 rounds.
4. Oliver: Next fighter up, Oliver Bech from Denmark and Santai! This was his first muay thai fight ever. Oliver played it safe in the first round, but picked up the pace in the 2nd round. In round 3 Oliver shoots a long knee from the outside hitting his opponent in the head, K.O.
5. Group Photo!
Dec 21, 2012 – Kalare Stadium, Chiang Mai, Thailand
1. Alexandre lost after 5 rounds, good fight and a great experience! The Thai guy was experienced and was hard to get. Good fight by both fighters!
Dec 21, 2012 - Kalare Stadium, Chiang Mai, Thailand
Paulius Ostrauskas stands in instead of injured Samu W. Santai. Opponents corner threw the towel in round 3 after some heavy knees from Paulius.
Another busy month of fights over, next month all over again!